LIVE ONLINE CE PROGRAM
Dennis Tarnow, DDS
“Single Tooth Implant: The Do’s and Don’ts For Great Esthetics”
Click Here to Register Online
Click here to download the 01-29-21 Registration Form
fax 703/750-2261 or scan and email to email@example.com
THIS LIVE STREAMING WEBINAR WILL INCLUDE A QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION
- Preregistration is required
- All registrations will be confirmed by email
- GoToWebinar log-in information will be sent by email within three(3) business days
- Each registrant must have a unique email address
- Attendees will receive their CE certificate by email three(3) business days after the webinar
- The webinar will be recorded and available on demand for credit in the Member Resources section of the NVDS website after the event on Monday, February 1, 2021 under a separate registration.
8:30am – 10:30am Webinar Lecture
10:30am – 11:00am Break
11:00am – 1:00pm Webinar Lecture
Immediate placements of implants into extraction sockets is an exciting treatment alternative for our patients. However, there are many potential short and particularly long term risks which the practitioner must be fully aware of. This presentation will focus on the potential problems and benefits both clinically and biologically when the choice of immediate socket placement is made for single and multiple sites. This will be an evidence based presentation that will be objective about the best and simplest way to treat these types of cases.
- Identify what type of healing takes place against the implant in immediate socket placement
- Know how to minimize recession with immediate provisionalization
- Know the proper crown contour for immediate provisionals
- Know if the gap distance really matters
- Know if primary closure should be attempted or should it be left open?
- Know if membranes should be utilized?
- Know what type of graft material if any should be utilized?
- Identify what are the potential short and long term risks involved with immediate placement of implants?
Dennis P. Tarnow is currently Clinical Professor of Periodontology and Director of Implant Education at Columbia School of Dental Medicine. He is the former Professor and Chairman of the Department of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry at New York University College of Dentistry. Dr. Tarnow has a certificate in Periodontics and Prosthodontics and is a Diplomat of the American Board of Periodontology. He is a recipient of the Master Clinician Award from the American Academy of Periodontology, Teacher of the Year Award from New York University and Distinguished Lecturer Award from the American College of Prosthodontists in 2015. Dr. Tarnow has a private practice in New York City, and has been honored with a wing named after him at New York University College of Dentistry. He has published over 200 articles on perio-prosthodontics and implant dentistry and has coauthored four textbooks including one with Dr. Stephen J. Chu titled ‘The Single Tooth Implant.’ Dr. Tarnow has lectured extensively in the United States and internationally in over forty-five countries.
The Northern Virginia Dental Society is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. See each course description for the number of continuing education credits designated by the Northern Virginia Dental Society.